Special Coronavirus Impact Statement
In Cooperation with Government and Health Officials, American Timber and Steel is making every effort to protect our employees, customers and the general public from the widespread transmission of COVID-19. ATS has added additional distancing protection and stepped up our cleaning and sanitizing, following CDC and Ohio Department of Health (ODH) guidelines as most employees are back in the office, while only a few are still working from home.
We are also doing our part in keeping the virus from spreading by minimizing physical contact with customers and delivery personnel. We are still encouraging walk in customers to place their orders by phone, email or fax to allow our loading personnel to pre-pull your order so it can be ready for you before you arrive. At this time, our full shipping options as well as customer pickups are available and we are taking as many precautionary steps to minimize contact as we can while keeping our customers supplied with product.
The shortage of some products and rise of pricing on lumber that the nation has been facing has our immediate attention. While there is no clear answer during these unusual times, please know that we are addressing the situations as fairly and aggressively as possible for all parties involved.
We will keep everyone updated should operations at ATS need to change as we are continuing to learn and take the advice from health and business professionals so that we can still operate our business of supplying quality wood products to our customers while also maintaining quality care towards our fellow man.
We wish you all good health and we continue to have faith that this crisis is being handled with all of our best interests in mind.
The focus at American Timber and Steel is to provide products that may possibly last a lifetime. While some applications receive too much wear and tear to hold up over time others can certainly last for many years to come.
Why Southern Yellow Pine has been our wood choice:
- Government DOT’s have tested and require the use of SYP for wood guardrail posts
- SYP grows quickly for a renewable solution
- The exterior just under the bark is a softer wood perfect to receive the chemicals during pressure treating
- SYP has a strong core to give it strength
Why we pack our bundles in square units:
- Better air circulation throughout the bundle helps the drying process so the outer posts and inner posts will dry more uniformly
- Ability to stack the bundles higher saving space in the yard and to ship
- Easier to see, track and count
Pressure treating to meet or exceed AWPA standards means:
- ATS assures the wood has dried properly in order for the pressure treatment of chemicals to be received
- The correct pressure is applied to assure that the chemical is pushed deep through the soft exterior to the core
- Testing is a regular practice to ensure the proper chemical volume and penetration was achieved
Safety practices are strictly followed to keep our employees and customers safety in mind.